Thursday, August 10, 2006

No One Cares

This is my new favourite t-shirt design. I think it's both amusing and enlightening. Amusing because perhaps some people do get all excited about their blogs and want everyone to read them, as evidenced by these "read my daddy's blog" suits for babies.

Enlightening because it's got me thinking further about a podcast I listened to recently which talked about the way people are actually using blogs. Anil Dash from Six Apart talked about blogs and LiveJournal, and the way that the anthropologically derived numbers of 15 and 150 seem to play out here. So while a very small percentage of bloggers have very large audiences, most people 's blogs are read regularly by less than 15 people. They've become another medium for communicating with our close friends, and of forming loose relationships with other people on the periphery of our social circles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I care about your blog Julian. I just wish you'd post more than 10 posts in 8 months. :-)

M.

michaelsampson.net (yes, it's a blog)